Breckenridge CO is one of my favorite places I’ve been to. I have many fond memories of this old mining town turned tourist vacation spot. Breckenridge is lovely in all seasons. The summer is great for hiking and sightseeing. The winter is great for hitting the mountains. Anytime of the year. you can peruse the quaint downtown shops and enjoy the restaurants. Below are the top x things to do in Breck based on weather:
- Hit the slopes – Breck has world class slopes for skiing and snowboarding. This is a must if you arrive with snow on the ground.
- Dog Mushing – Learn how to dog sled in the mountains with Siberian huskies.
- Nordic skiing or Snowshoeing – Trek across the mountains like the Nordics.
- Breckenridge Distillery – Take a tour of Breckenridge Distillery and warm up with the awaiting shot at the end.
- Snowmobile Tour – Enjoy the breathtaking scenery with an experienced guide.
- Ghost Tours – An old mining town is sure to have some spooky stories. This tour is entertaining to all. Don’t worry it’s not too scary.
- Alpine Super Slide – Enjoy the view of the mountains with the wind in your hair. This will make you feel like a kid again.
- Horseback riding – Trek through the mountains on the back of a horse.
- Gold Mine – Check out the Country Boy Mine and pan for gold.
- Hiking – Go hiking along old mining trails.
Must try restaurants
Make sure to check out the Breckenridge Trip Planner to see what’s going on during your trip.